A criminal conviction doesn’t have to be the end of your career but many people with convictions feel anxious about disclosing details of their past fearing that they will be judged and discriminated against.
For many people, knowing that an employer is ‘friendly’ towards people with convictions helps them to apply for jobs with more confidence.
We have therefore developed some new information, identifying a number of employers who, either as a result of their recruitment process or company ethics, have a positive attitude towards people with convictions.
If you know of other companies we could add to this list, please let us know by contacting our helpline.
Learn more about this topic
Most popular articles from Unlock
- “What we need now is action” – Unlock’s view on the prisons white paper
- Monthly update – February 2020
- Welcome to the new Unlock website
- How do you answer this – “Have you ever been dismissed or subject to disciplinary action?’”
- Does a member of your family have a criminal record? Want to know how this will affect you?