Featured Personal Story
Akil felt compelled to share his experience of applying for a voluntary role with the NHS and hopes this reassures…
All Personal StoriesShowing 16 out of 359 results
- Service user involvement aids rehabilitation and reform
- Will Brexit and Covid improve employment opportunities for people with a criminal record?
- Amazon, if you ban all applicants with unspent convictions then you’re missing out on a huge amount of talent
- Disclosing a conviction isn’t easy but it might be the best thing you ever do
- My conviction is spent but there’s no end to the ongoing consequences of my criminal record
- When everyone is included, everyone wins
- Have you been through the criminal justice system? Have you got a story to share?
- Want a change of career? How about becoming a lorry driver?
- “Don’t let trolls affect your goals” – getting links to your name removed from the internet
- I was one decision away from a different life: Challenging an employer secured me a voluntary role
- Nothing is achieved by criminalising young people. Lets work together to support, educate and listen to them
- The hopelessness of IPP sentences
- Knowledge and enthusiasm enabled me to appeal my court order
- Fresh starts are over-rated – all I want is a stable job with the same employer
- The positive power of talking
- Koestler Awards 2021 – Open for entries