This is a short information page with details of those employers that have signed up to the Ban the Box campaign. The aim of this page is to develop the list of Ban the Box employers produced by Business in the Community (BITC) into information more aimed at individuals with a criminal record, including the name and contact details of the employer as well as setting out the point at which the employer may ask you to disclose your criminal record.
This forms part of our information section on looking for (and keeping) employment and volunteering.
Gaps in the table mean that we’ve been unable to get clarification from the organisation as to when they ask applicants to disclose their criminal record. We will be continuing to update and improve the information available.
Where we have concerns that an organisation which is signed up to the campaign is not doing what they say they do, we will look at raising this both with the employer and BITC. If you have any personal experience of applying for work with one of these companies (good or bad) please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For practical information – More information can be found on our looking for (and keeping) employment and volunteering
- To discuss this issue with others – Read and share your experiences on our online forum
- Our policy work – Read about the policy work we’re doing on supporting and challenging employers
- Questions – If you have any questions about this you can contact our helpline.
Learn more about this topic
- Working in the healthcare sector
- Sexual offence convictions: what you need to know
- Which cautions and convictions will be removed from a standard or enhanced DBS? – A brief guide
- Criminal records that don’t show (stay) on standard and enhanced DBS checks (filtering and protected cautions and convictions)
- Settled status: what you need to know if you are an EU citizen and have a criminal record