TheBan the Box campaign launched in October 2013 at which time, 24 employers had committed to support the campaign. Nearly 6 years on and over 130 employers have now removed the ‘tick box’ from application forms which ask about criminal convictions.
We’ve developed the list of Ban the Box employers (which Business in the Community host on their website) into information more aimed at individuals with a criminal record, including the name and contact details of the employer as well as setting out the point at which the employer may ask you to disclose your criminal record.
Our aim is to regularly update and improve this information. If you have any experience (good or bad) of applying to or working for one of these companies, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Learn more about this topic
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
- Changes to spending periods have come into effect
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Opening a basic bank account and understanding the role of prepaid cards
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- Some examples of people we’ve helped