Unlock talks to Joshua Rozenberg about the issues affecting those who receive criminal convictions in childhood. They also discuss the impending result of the Government’s appeal to the Supreme Court against a Court of Appeal decision which ruled that the current system of people having to declare old and minor records is unnecessary, disproportionate and unfair.
You can listen to the programme here or below.
Learn more about this topic
- New research shines a light on the complex landscape of University criminal records policies
- Four bills currently going through parliament – and what they could mean for you
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- New report highlights potentially hundreds of unlawful criminal record checks by employers each year
- Some examples of people we’ve helped
- Ban the Box employers