We’ve submitted our written response to the Scottish Governments’ consultation on proposals to reform the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Broadly, we support the proposals, but urge the Scottish Government to go further, in the same way that we continue to urge the UK Government to build on the reforms that came into force in 2014.
Learn more about this topic
- Four bills currently going through parliament – and what they could mean for you
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- New report highlights potentially hundreds of unlawful criminal record checks by employers each year
- Some examples of people we’ve helped