At the beginning of June we took the opportunity to say a huge “thank you” to all our wonderful volunteers by holding an afternoon tea-party.
Our volunteers are worth their weight in gold. They share their time and talent without any reward, so it was important to us to acknowledge their contributions and let them know they’re valued.
Our volunteer programme started in 2009 and enables us to give people with convictions the opportunity to gain new skills and confidence which they can hopefully use as a stepping-stone into education or employment.
Last year (2016/17) we supported 12 people as volunteers (10 office and 2 non-office based) but we’re always looking for more people to get involved.
If you’re interested in volunteering for us, please take a look at our current vacancies.
Learn more about this topic
- New research shines a light on the complex landscape of University criminal records policies
- Four bills currently going through parliament – and what they could mean for you
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market