Skip to main content

Our mission is to support & advocate for people with criminal records to be able to move on positively in their lives. Find out more

DVLA records of motoring offences

On the 8th June 2015, the DVLA scrapped the paper counterparts for driving licences and issued photo card licences only.

Any new penalty points (endorsements) issued from that date will be recorded electronically only. This information will be held on your DVLA driver record and can be viewed online via the DVLA Shared Driving Licence Service.

We’ve put together some new information on how you can access your driving record and how third parties such as employers, car hire companies and insurance companies and brokers will be able to access them.

We hope you find it helpful. Let us know what you think by using our feedback form.


Add Comment
  1. Hi, I need to find out historic driving offences. The DVLA online form doesn’t go back as far as the start of my license. How would I find out this information?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Photo of Head of Advice, Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Head of Advice

Do you need help & support with an issue you’re facing?

We provide support and advice for people in England and Wales who need guidance with either their own, or someone else’s, criminal record.

Please use the search box to start typing your issue. If you cannot find an answer to your problem then you’ll be given options to contact us directly.

Find out more about the helpline

We want to make sure that our website is as helpful as possible.

Letting us know if you easily found what you were looking for or not enables us to continue to improve our service for you and others.

Was it easy to find what you were looking for?

Thank you for your feedback.

12 million people have criminal records in the UK. We need your help to help them.

Help support us now