Today, we’ve published a brief guide which explains some of the changes that the DBS has introduced this week.
The Update Service is a new subscription service lets you keep your DBS certificate up-to-date so you can take it with you when you move jobs or roles. The employer can then carry out free, online, instant checks to see if any new information has come to light since the certificate’s issue – this is called a ‘status check’.
To coincide with launching the Update Service, the DBS will now only issue certificates to you; they’ll no longer send a copy to the Registered Body. This change is being referred to as ‘One Certificate’. Employers will now need to ask you for sight of your DBS Certificate.
The guide we’ve put together discusses some of the issues and questions that people with convictions are likely to be interested in, including some of the benefits and potential downsides to these changes.
Read the guide we’ve published here.
If you have any questions about this information, please contact us.
If you’d like to discuss this information with others, there is a specific thread on our online forum.
Learn more about this topic
Most popular articles from Unlock
- “What we need now is action” – Unlock’s view on the prisons white paper
- Monthly update – February 2020
- Welcome to the new Unlock website
- How do you answer this – “Have you ever been dismissed or subject to disciplinary action?’”
- Does a member of your family have a criminal record? Want to know how this will affect you?