We’ve produced some new information, 10 things to know about criminal record, which provides a short summary of the key things that people with convictions should know about their criminal record.
The most important thing for anybody with a criminal record is to know exactly what theirs includes . Many people don’t know the details of their record and it’s vital that you get this right so that you know what you need to disclose to employers, insurers, universities and others.
This new information is a short summary of some of the key areas of life which may be affected by a criminal record.
Download: 10 things to know about criminal records [PDF]
We hope you find it helpful. Let us know what you think by using our feedback form.
Learn more about this topic
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
- Changes to spending periods have come into effect
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Opening a basic bank account and understanding the role of prepaid cards
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- Some examples of people we’ve helped