If you want to find the best way of disclosing your criminal record to an employer, then a quick internet search will give you pages of results. With your career and financial security potentially dependent on getting it right, it’s good that there’s so much information and advice available.
But if you’re trying to find out how to tell a partner, family member or friend then the picture will be very different and the information you’ll find will be limited.
That’s why we’ve put together some new information on telling a partner, family member or friend about your criminal record.
- For practical information – We have further information on personal relationships.
- Questions – If you have a question about this, you can contact our helpline.
Learn more about this topic
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Recently left prison and claimed Universal Credit? What do you think to the DWP’s guidance?
- Reflections of an Unlock helpline volunteer
- Reforming the criminal records disclosure regime – Have you a sentence of over 4 years in prison?
- Updates to DBS filtering process
- Moving on: Applying for settled status if you’re an EU citizen and travelling to Europe