We’ve just published our update for September 2018.
This months update includes:
- A new list of insurance brokers who are able to provide commercial insurance policies to people with a criminal record.
- An advice post highlighting the details of a case heard in the Supreme Court around the disclosure of police intelligence on enhanced DBS checks.
- A personal story setting out some tips on the do’s and don’ts of disclosing a conviction to an employer.
- A link to a discussion on theForum from Thorswrath who wants clarification on whether the ROA applies to sexual offences.
- Details of a pilot project we’ve launched to work with three universities supporting them to implement best practice procedures when receiving applications from individuals with a criminal record.
The full update provides a summary of:
- the latest updates to our self-help information site for people with convictions
- recent posts to our online magazine, theRecord
- discussions on our online forum
- other news and developments that might be of interest to individuals with a criminal record
Read the September 2018 update in full.
- All previous updates can be found in full in the ‘Latest updates‘ section of our Information Hub
- For more self-help information, please visit unlock.devchd.com/information-and-advice/
- If you have any questions about this information, please contact our helpline
- If you’ve been forwarded this email, you can sign up to receive these updates directly by clicking here and selecting to receive ‘News/updates for people with convictions’
- If you have found this information useful, please leave us your feedback and/or consider making a donation.
Learn more about this topic
- Four bills currently going through parliament – and what they could mean for you
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- New report highlights potentially hundreds of unlawful criminal record checks by employers each year
- Some examples of people we’ve helped