As of 1st October 2019, the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be reducing the cost of DBS checks.
The new fees will be as follows:
Standard and enhanced checks will continue to be free-of-charge for volunteers.
If you’re applying for a check through an Umbrella Body it’s possible that you’ll be charged an additional administration fee on top of the cost of the check.
Learn more about this topic
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
- Changes to spending periods have come into effect
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Opening a basic bank account and understanding the role of prepaid cards
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- Some examples of people we’ve helped