Do you deal with criminal records in your work? You might be helping people with convictions who are applying for jobs, or working in recruitment/HR and making hiring decisions or carrying out DBS checks.
If any of these apply to you, book a place and join us on Wednesday 2 December for our webinar on understanding the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and the disclosure of criminal records.
The criminal records system in England and Wales is complex and often confusing. There are over 11 million people with a criminal record. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act is a piece of legislation that sets out when convictions become ‘spent’, and it’s important to know the difference between unspent and spent convictions and when they need to be disclosed.
When and where?
Wednesday 2 December, 2-4pm, Online
(Please join at 1.45pm to begin promptly at 2pm – thank you)
Price: £49 (if booked before 1 November, normal price £59)
Price includes a course pack with materials and useful resources which will be sent to you before the webinar.
Who is it for?
The webinar is aimed at anyone who deals with criminal records in their work. You might be helping people with convictions who are applying for jobs, or you might be working in recruitment/HR and making hiring decisions or carrying on DBS checks.
What it will cover
- The levels of DBS criminal record check and what they disclose
- How individuals can find out about their criminal record
- The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and spent convictions
- The ‘filtering’ rules and protected cautions/convictions
- Good practice in asking about criminal records for employment and volunteering
To find out more and to book, visit our Eventbrite page.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This webinar is part of the training that we provide.
Learn more about this topic
Most popular articles from Unlock
- “What we need now is action” – Unlock’s view on the prisons white paper
- Welcome to the new Unlock website
- Monthly update – June 2017
- How do you answer this – “Have you ever been dismissed or subject to disciplinary action?’”
- Does a member of your family have a criminal record? Want to know how this will affect you?