Skip to main content

Our mission is to support & advocate for people with criminal records to be able to move on positively in their lives. Find out more

Travelling to South Africa

If you are visiting South Africa for up to 90 days on holiday, you do not require a visa.  The basic requirements for entry that may be requested by an Immigration Officer are:

  • Your passport must be valid for no less than 30 days after the expiry of an intended visit.
  • Your passport must have a blank Visa page.
  • A vaccination certificate (if required)
  • Proof of sufficient funds to cover living expenses whilst in South Africa
  • Applicants travelling by air must be in possession of a return or onward ticket
  • Statement and/or documentation confirming purpose and duration of visit
  • Proof of fixed employment or other commitments

The three month period may be extended by a District or Regional Office of the Department of Home Affairs for an additional three months providing an application for an extension is made 30 days prior to expiry of the original permit.  The approval of such an application is at the discretion of the Regional/District Representative.


Add Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Photo of Head of Advice, Debbie Sadler
Debbie Sadler
Head of Advice

Do you need help & support with an issue you’re facing?

We provide support and advice for people in England and Wales who need guidance with either their own, or someone else’s, criminal record.

Please use the search box to start typing your issue. If you cannot find an answer to your problem then you’ll be given options to contact us directly.

Find out more about the helpline

We want to make sure that our website is as helpful as possible.

Letting us know if you easily found what you were looking for or not enables us to continue to improve our service for you and others.

Was it easy to find what you were looking for?

Thank you for your feedback.

12 million people have criminal records in the UK. We need your help to help them.

Help support us now