There is no standard policy or protocol governing transfers within a Probation area. However, as detailed in Probation Instruction 17/2010 – Case Transfers, which covers transfers between Probation Areas, it is expected that there should be clarity of responsibility for supervision, and the National Probation Service recommends that Areas develop their own local policies and protocols governing transfers based on the Circular.
As a result, if you wish to change your Probation Officer, you should ask to see a copy of your Areas local policy, and then put a request in writing to your Probation Officer.
Learn more about this topic
- Travelling to the EU and the European Travel Information & Authorisation System (ETIAS)
- Police, Crime, Sentencing and Court Bill (PCSC) – What does it mean for you?
- Working in the healthcare sector
- Sexual offence convictions: what you need to know
- Which cautions and convictions will be removed from a standard or enhanced DBS? – A brief guide