This update is taken from our Information Hub
We know how complicated the criminal records process can be.
The ‘filtering’ process that came in in May 2013 has been quite a culture shock to many people who were previously told that all cautions and convictions would come back on standard and enhanced checks.
At the time, we developed a detailed guide on filtering.
But, through our helpline, we’ve been finding it quite difficult to make filtering simple and easy to understand. Also, as part of delivering our training masterclasses, we found that practitioners were forgetting how this fitted within the broader framework for disclosure.
We hope you find it helpful. Let us know what you think by using our feedback form.
Learn more about this topic
Most popular articles from Unlock
- “What we need now is action” – Unlock’s view on the prisons white paper
- Monthly update – June 2017
- Welcome to the new Unlock website
- How do you answer this – “Have you ever been dismissed or subject to disciplinary action?’”
- Does a member of your family have a criminal record? Want to know how this will affect you?