Today we’ve been hosted by NIACRO, which is a charity that helps people with convictions in Northern Ireland. They asked us to visit to speak to them about the work that we do, the issues that we face, and to speak to their service user group.
While we were there, we also gave an interview to BBC Radio Ulster, about the difficulties people face in employment. This is available to listen to below.
Learn more about this topic
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
- Changes to spending periods have come into effect
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Opening a basic bank account and understanding the role of prepaid cards
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- New report highlights potentially hundreds of unlawful criminal record checks by employers each year