We recently sent out a mailshot on behalf of The Co-operative Insurance who were looking for people with burglary convictions to complete a short survey. This survey formed part of a study they were on doing on popular home security measures.
The Co-operative Insurance were seeking up to 25 respondents and in return, to show their gratitude, they agreed to donate £50 to Unlock for each completed response.
Well, we’re delighted to announce that they received the full quota of responses and we have now received a cheque for £1250. We would like to say a big thank you to The Co-operative Insurance and also Media.com who arranged the mailshot, but most of all a special thank you to everyone who took the time to participate in the survey.
We’ll be putting the money towards supporting the information & advice that we provide to people with convictions.
Learn more about this topic
- Four bills currently going through parliament – and what they could mean for you
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- New report highlights potentially hundreds of unlawful criminal record checks by employers each year
- Some examples of people we’ve helped