Here’s a summary of the updates that we’ve made recently to our Information Hub.
There are links within each update to where you can find more information about the update on our Hub. There are also links next to many of the updates, which link to threads on our online forum where you can discuss these with other members of the forum.
- Following feedback from some of our users, we have made some minor changes to the calculator. In particular, we’ve made it clear on the front-page that it only applies in England & Wales. We’ve also highlighted the need to select ‘motoring endorsement’ as well as any sentence or disposal received when working out when your motoring conviction becomes spent.
- Travel to America (USA) – We’ve made some minor changes to our detailed guide to make it easier to navigate your way around.
- The ESTA form and moral turpitude – Anybody considering travelling to the USA will need to consider the questions asked about convictions on the ESTA application form. These changed in November 2014 and we have produced some new information which focuses specifically on how to answer these new questions. If you’ve got a caution or conviction and travelled to the USA using an ESTA, tell us about your experience on the forum.
Insurance, Banking and Finance
- Insurance and Convictions – We’ve added an index to our detailed guide to make it easier to find specific information.
- Funding opportunities – For anybody with a conviction seeking help with funding, we’ve updated the link to the latest edition of the Prisoner Funder Directory .
- Support getting into work – We’ve made some minor changes to this information which provides details of national organisations who specifically help people with a criminal record get back into work. If you’ve used any of these organisations, how useful have you found them? Share your thoughts and experiences on the forum.
Learn more about this topic
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
- Changes to spending periods have come into effect
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Opening a basic bank account and understanding the role of prepaid cards
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- Some examples of people we’ve helped