As from 6 April 2022 the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be reducing the cost of all criminal record checks.
|Level of DBS check||Current||New|
|Enhanced and barring||£40||£38|
Standard, enhanced and enhanced with barring list checks for volunteer applications will remain free of charge.
The fee for the Update Service will remain at £13 per annum.
Learn more about this topic
- Four bills currently going through parliament – and what they could mean for you
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- New report highlights potentially hundreds of unlawful criminal record checks by employers each year
- Some examples of people we’ve helped