Spent? Filtered? Basic DBS check? Standard or enhanced?
If you’ve got a criminal record and you’re applying for a new job or volunteering role, it’s important to know if and what you need to disclose and what will show-up if an employer does a DBS check.
Make the mistake of over or under-disclosing and you run the risk of your application being unsuccessful.
We’ve published a ‘What do I need to disclose for what job?‘ form which can be used as a record of your convictions/cautions and when they’ll be spent/filtered and removed from your DBS certificate.
For more information
Learn more about this topic
- Four bills currently going through parliament – and what they could mean for you
- Double your impact this week with the Big Give
- The Autumn Statement 2023 is a missed opportunity to support people with criminal records
- New research highlights discrimination against people with criminal records in labour market
- We’re hiring! Communications and Digital Manager (maternity cover)
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Call for evidence: DBS checks which reveal trans/gender history because of gender-specific offences committed in the past
- ‘Double discrimination?’ report published
- BBC Rip of Britain piece on insurance and convictions
- New report highlights potentially hundreds of unlawful criminal record checks by employers each year
- Some examples of people we’ve helped