Spent? Filtered? Basic DBS check? Standard or enhanced?
If you’ve got a criminal record and you’re applying for a new job or volunteering role, it’s important to know if and what you need to disclose and what will show-up if an employer does a DBS check.
Make the mistake of over or under-disclosing and you run the risk of your application being unsuccessful.
We’ve published a ‘What do I need to disclose for what job?‘ form which can be used as a record of your convictions/cautions and when they’ll be spent/filtered and removed from your DBS certificate.
For more information
Learn more about this topic
Most popular articles from Unlock
- Recently left prison and claimed Universal Credit? What do you think to the DWP’s guidance?
- Reflections of an Unlock helpline volunteer
- Reforming the criminal records disclosure regime – Have you a sentence of over 4 years in prison?
- Updates to DBS filtering process
- Moving on: Applying for settled status if you’re an EU citizen and travelling to Europe