On this page:
- For personal users
- For corporate account users
- For all users
1. Introduction Back to top
2. For personal users Back to top
1. A personal account is for any individual with a criminal record who is enquiring about their own criminal record, or a for a friend/family member who is enquiring on their behalf. It should not be used by organisations, professionals or others (e.g. mentors, support workers) who are providing support or services to people with a criminal record.
2. A personal account is limited to 5 uses. As the purpose of the Calculator is to assist reformed offenders in finding out when their criminal record becomes spent, individuals should need no more than a couple of attempts (allowing for mistakes) to ascertain this information.
3. We do not store the password that you choose when registering for personal use.
3. For corporate account users Back to top
1. A corporate account is for organisations, projects, services and professionals. These allow for multiple uses, depending on the account level selected.
2. The number of uses is per annum.
3. Accounts are specific to an organisation. They cannot be shared with other organisations.
4. If you wish to share your account with other partners of a joint project, please provide us with details of this when submitting your details and we will discuss this with you on an individual basis. Sharing of account details with other organisations without prior authorisation of UNLOCK may result in your account being suspended or cancelled.
5. Your renewal date is one year after your account has been activated by UNLOCK.
6. You will be contacted during the month before your renewal date with details of your renewal.
4. For all users Back to top
1. The Calculator operates in line with UNLOCK’s Data Protection, Privacy and Confidentiality Policy, which is available from www.unlock.org.uk. This sets out how we handle the data that we collect.
2. Any information you provide when using the Calculator will not be shared with a third-party or used by UNLOCK for marketing purposes.
Monitoring of accounts
2. We have a range of methods that we use to monitor the use of the calculator.
3. Abuses will be identified and action will be taken.
4. Abuses include:
a. Setting up multiple personal accounts
b. Using the personal account structure for organisational or any other non-personal use.
c. Organisations that are contracted or funded in some way to provide disclosure support to individuals who advise, encourage or assist individuals to set up personal accounts with the organisation then recognising that this is fulfilling their obligations through that contract or funding.
5. Action in response to abuses includes:
b. Contacting organisations who are using the personal account structure
c. Contacting the funders of services who are using the personal account structure
d. Suspension/cancellation of corporate accounts
e. Blacklisting of individuals and organisations
This tool is reliant on the information inputted. Whilst every reasonable effort has been taken to ensure that this tool functions in accordance with the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness, and any liability is expressly excluded and disclaimed by UNLOCK. If you propose taking further action based on the results of this tool, you are strongly advised to consider obtaining specific professional or legal advice before doing so.